[SWF]http://www.youtube.com/v/ZhqteR_UOqw&hl=en&fs=1, 425, 344[/SWF]
Bryan Hurlbutt’s entire talk, “Discerning the Wind: Responding to the ‘Trump Card’ of Mormon Personal Religious Experience”, is now available for $2.99 on MP3 audio and $3.99 on MP4 video. I love his description of true Christianity as a “dance” between objectivity and subjectivity.
“In an LDS culture personal experience is cherished as the authoritative means of obtaining spiritual truth. How do we deal with this very personal and precious issue with our Mormon neighbors without disavowing the reality of genuine Christian, personal, spiritual experience? In this presentation Bryan assesses the nature of Mormon ‘testimony’, discusses a criteria for evaluating religious experience and proposes a means of engaging this foundation of individual Mormon conviction.”
Your purchases help Mormonism Research Ministry help others!
Here are some other resources related to faith, reason, and “sight” that I recommend:
- Testing The Book of Mormon By Moroni 10:4, by Timothy Oliver
- Facts: Seen and Unseen, by John Piper
- Nine Ways to Know That the Gospel of Christ Is True, by John Piper
- Faith and Reason, by John Piper
- Is Faith a Way of Seeing?, by John Piper
- Inside Connection – A Digression on the LDS Concept of Internal Witness, by James Patrick Holding